Saturday, September 15, 2012

Liquid Eyeliner As Nail Art?

I participate in a couple nail polish groups on Facebook. Today, I read a post where people successfully used liquid eyeliner for nail art. Hey, worth a try! I like my experiments cheap, so I hit the Dollar Tree and picked up a bottle of L.A. Colors Liquid Eyeliner.

I tried to paint stripes on my old mani (Essence Grey-t To Be Here) before removing it. This eyeliner did not want to make stripes. The eyeliner liquid seemed to shrivel and pull away from the nail surface. I'm sure there's a better description for this effect, but I'm at a loss. I thought it looked a little bit like OPI Black Spotted, so I tried painting two full nails with the eyeliner, one thin coat. The "pattern" emerged immediately. I waited a few minutes to let it dry, and then hesitantly used NYC Grand Central Station top coat. The top coat didn't ruin the effect, woohoo!

Both of these photos were take indoors under an OttLite bulb. Please keep in mind that I was about to remove this mani!





I really like this effect! It looks a bit like the veins in a leaf. I like the delicate appearance much more than a crackle polish. Now I want to try other liquid eyeliners so I can get this effect in different colors...or actually get the original look I was going for, a nail art pen.

Has anyone else tried liquid eyeliner as nail art? What should we call this effect?

No comments:

Post a Comment