Saturday, September 15, 2012

Essence Grey-t To Be Here: Swatch and Review

I purchased this little polish at my local Ulta. It is a much more subdued polish than I would usually choose. I picked it up and put it down half a dozen times before I decided to just buy it. It was $1.99 for 8ml, so not much of a risk if it didn't work out. These are the new Essence Colour&Go bottles, with adorable matching caps.

Grey-t To Be Here applied easily, two coats for full coverage. CND Stickey base coat and Out the Door top coat. A light grey creme with tiny pink flakes.

Indoor light

Well, here's how it looked most of the time. I don't wear many light colors, and this was my first time wearing a grey polish. I wanted that pink shimmer, but it was so subtle. Further attempts to catch that elusive pink shimmer...

With flash, and way too much cuticle oil :P
Flash brought out the pink shimmer a bit, and made the grey color appear slightly blue. Very pretty!

Indirect sunlight
Unfortunately, I didn't see the pink flakes often enough. This polish just isn't very "me", and it chipped rather badly on day 2. Those who enjoy grey polish will probably like this one though, and the price is certainly right.

No comments:

Post a Comment